If you’re looking for super cool makeup and beauty tips, look no further than the wealth of talent that can be found at The Makeup Show in New York. One thing you quickly learn is that rules are meant to be broken and makeup is meant to be fun.
Kathy Aragon “Perfecting The Canvas”
Makeup Artist Kathy Aragon gave skin perfecting tips to makeup artists and shared her experience on creating a perfect flawless face for photography and film.
- Hydrate the skin as much as possible before applying foundation, regardless of skin type.
- Look for sensitive skin products, will work on majority of skin types.
- Moisturizer needs to cling to moisture, so always spray toner and hydrate skin first.
- Apply moisturizer with a damp sponge for more even coverage and quicker application.
- Makeup For Ever HD Primer powder, use as a primer on oily skin and eyelids first as primer.
- Kevyn Aucoin Skin Enhancer, mix with your foundation for amazing coverage to be used as concealer.
- Be sure to brush off all HD powders as it will appear on camera, but not too the eye.
- Mix and match for the perfect blush for all skin tones. Find a pink and peach in light, medium and dark. Perfect for light, medium and dark skin tones and can be mixed to create a perfect blush.
- Powder only along the t-zone: forehead, sides of nose and chin.
- Highlight as a “V” around the eye, along the top of the cheekbone and then around the temple.
- Kevyn Aucoin’s “Candlelight” was widely recommended as a highlight
- Create perfect skin and the whole face will look more expensive.