How To Keep That Hair Color Perfectly Vibrant
Did you know that women at this time of the year, think that Summer is the most damaging time of year for their hair? Well, it really isn’t. It’s actually Winter. With frequent temperature changes, dry air, and antiquated heating systems, the winter months can cause even greater harm.
Nico, Master Colorist at NYC’s Mizu Salon, shared with us his best tips for keeping your hair color vibrant and healthy-looking all winter long.
1. Have your stylist extend the processing time on gloss, shine and post-color services.
2. Apply a clear gloss in between salon appointments to keep your cuticles sealed, to boost shine and enhance color vibrancy. Try Clairol Professional Jazzing in clear (starting at $5.59, beauty supply stores).
3. Shampoo your hair less! Less shampooing means less fading, it’s that simple.
4. But, when you do shampoo, use a good color safe shampoo and conditioner. Try Clairol Professional Repair Shampoo and Conditioner (starting at $9 each, beauty supply stores).
5. Static electricity can cause dull, lifeless and fly-away ridden hair. To fix this, add two to three drops of hair oil to a gloss or deep conditioning treatment. It reduces the dry-fly-aways and gives the hair another line of defense against the cold (and hot) air.
The How To Keep That Hair Color Perfectly Vibrant by Elke Von Freudenberg | Beauty, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.