Okay, we saw the words ‘chocolate’ and ‘salon’ in a press release and our ears just perked up. Could it be true? Well, sadly (or maybe not?) it was actually a taste event that featured one of our fav things, chocolate, at the International Chocolate Salon, for their Seattle Original Artisan Chocolate event .
Ok, we’re not in Seattle and even if we were, we missed it, and it’s not beauty related but still… how cool is this?
Read on and you never know, we just might be there next year. 😉
Seattle CHOCOLATE SALON participants in 2013 include chocolatiers, confectioners and other culinary artisans such as Amano Artisan Chocolate, Intrigue Chocolate Co., Forte Chocolates, Gusto Chocolates, Taza Chocolate, CocoTutti, Ykchaua Chocolates, Emily’s Chocolates, WOW Chocolates, Theo Chocolate, The TeaRoom Chocolate Company, Smitten Truffles, Wine World & Spirits, Chocolate Shop Wine, Hot Chocolat, Wild Sweets by Dominique & Cindy Duby, Fiori Chocolate, Kallari L3C Chocolate, Restless Chocolates, Maplecor, Yelp, Honest Tea, TasteTV and more.
Tickets also include entrance to the 1st Annual Seattle Artisan FRAGRANCE SALON.
For more information, go to:
NEW PRODUCTS TO WATCH:
- Chocolate Art – by Diane Chesla
– a full size chocolate inspired fashion construction from artist Diane Chelsa, creator of Canada’s “Chocolate Race”.
- Taza – 87% bar – The darkest chocolate they make. Nutty, floral, and incredibly intense, this is the only American chocolate crafted from cacao grown by the Bolivian cooperative CIAAB (Central Integral Agroecologica de Alto Beni). A singular, profound cacao experience. 100% USDA certified organic.
- CocoTutti -Tea infusions: Assam, Rooibos and Yunnan – richly flavored, colorful chocolates featuring teas from India, South Africa and China. These recipes were developed over a 3 month period for launch in Seattle.Blood Orange and, separately, Strawberry – Two bon bons that each contain their housemade marmalades and jams.
- The Chocolate Shop – Sparkling Chocolate Wine – Chocolate Shop wine made in a delicious champagne style
- Forte Chocolates – Caramel with Rosemary and Orange and Chipotle Caramel with Orange
- Gusto Chocolates – All new product line – All of the Gusto bars are new to the salon. Gusto is a new division of Forte Chocolates focusing on the savory side of chocolate. Bars offered include: Lemon Pepper, Rosemary Sea Salt, Balsamic Vinegar, Bacon, Milk Sea Salt, and Honey.
- The Tea Room Chocolate Company – Lapsang Souchong w/ Himilayan Salt Chocolate Bar – organic dark chocolate bar of 60% cacao infused w/ organic Lapsang Suchong tea & Himilayan Salt. Lapsang Souchong is a smoky tea that has the savory flavor of smoked pine, as the tea is dried over this.
- The 1st Annual Seattle Artisan Fragrance Salon – New product launches of the finest in artisan, custom, niche and premium fragrances (in separate room from the Chocolate Salon, tickets include entry to both events – Artisan FRAGRANCE SALON)
6th Annual Seattle Chocolate Salon
May 5, 2013 (just before Mother’s Day)
Bell Harbor Conference Center