- The Big Draw of Less-Guilty Shopping
- Throwback Thursday: The Platinum Standard
- Beauty Throwdown: Battle BB Versus CC Creams
- Beauty News: Novalash Opens Signature Lash Studio in Hong Kong
- Male Gaze: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Man in Armor
- ‘Genetic Lottery’ Winner Cameron Russell: ‘I Think I Have to Feel Guilty’
- John Mayer’s Bachelor Look: Curious George
- Joseph Weisberg Uses His C.I.A. Time in ‘The Americans’
- Q&A: Princeton Mom Wishes She Married a Princeton Man
- Past Meets Present at Mumbai Fashion Week
- Cultural Studies: Justin Bieber and Today’s Youth
- Wedding Gowns That Evoke A Bygone Era
- VOWS: Vows: Vintage-Inspired Style
- Gatsby Look of 1920s Is a Favorite of Current Brides
Ok, what does have Own Skincare in threes? Try a new
- Skincare Launch
- Skincare Line
- Skincare App
1. Own Skincare just launched at Ulta locations nationwide, a natural skin care collection that uses CLA, a derivative of the safflower plant, to fight all three causes of aging in all three layers of the skin. In clinical studies, CLA is proven to be as effective as retinol – without the harmful side effects. Own products are the only line in the USA to have a patent on this CLA technology.
2. The line is made up of 5 key products:
• Own Rejuvenating Cleanser
• Own Lifting Eye Cream
• Own Firming Silk Concentrate
• Own Dual Protecting Day Lotion SPF 30
• Own Refining Moisturizing Night Cream
The entire Own line retails for under $25 and is available at www.ownproducts.com and Ulta locations.
3. And last but not least, is Own Skincare’s New App, My Own.
Using facial-recognition technology to track 50 points on your face, My Own app analyzes a photograph of the user and provides a clinical evaluation of the major signs of aging, along with nutrition, wellness and beauty recommendations based on individual aging results. The app assesses signs of aging by the number of fine lines, deep-set wrinkles, percentage of pigment and number of age spots. Those numbers are then compared to others in your age group.
Users take a photo of their faces, answer a few questions and indicate skin type and date of birth. Within two minutes of submitting this data, they receive an analysis of their complexion. The numbers are then compared to others in your age group. Upon the evaluation, you’ll receive a side-by-side comparison of the current submitted photo and a photo of what you could look like after following a recommended skin care and wellness regimen. There’s also a tracking tool, which lets you see how your complexion changes over time, motivating you to keep up the recommended skin care and wellness regimen. Own also encourages lifestyle modification tips, like sleeping on silk pillowcases to forestall wrinkles and eating potassium rich foods to decrease pigmentation.
My Own App is free and available for iPhone, iPad and android. Test it out here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/
- POPSUGAR Shout Out: Exercises to Add to Your Yoga Routine
- Pravana Introduces Vivids Pastels and Clear
- Skin Deep: At Whole Body Shops, Natural Beauty Products
- Boîte : The Third Man, A Bar, Opens in the East Village
- This Side of Redemption
- The Sizzle of Bacon Mouthwash
- Eight Kisses for Same-Sex Marriage
- Some Wonder About Ethics of Shannon Donnelly, the Palm Beach Society Writer
- New York Shopping Events Starting March 28
- Hashtag Nation: #MarriageEquality, Trying to Testify Before the Court
- Allure Solves Your Most Embarrassing Beauty Problems on Today
- Teresa Giudice’s Hair Takes a Beating, Bounces Back
- POPSUGAR Shout Out: Sunny Spring Break Escapes
- Kids’ Choice Awards: See the Stars’ Hair and Makeup Up Close!
- Kids’ Choice Awards: Zoom in on the 10 Top Manicures
- Motherlode Blog: When Family Stories Are Hard to Tell
- Your Top Pins of the Week: DIY Hair Color Tips and Lob Inspiration
- Celebrity Lob Haircuts and Top Drugstore Mascaras
- Kids’ Choice Awards Beauty: Jessica Alba’s Faux-Shaved Hairstyle
- Kids’ Choice Awards Beauty: Katy Perry’s Deep-Parted Waves
- Kids’ Choice Awards Beauty: Selena Gomez’s Under-Eye Liner Look
- Kids’ Choice Awards Beauty: Kristen Stewart’s Tousled Braid
- Kids’ Choice Awards Beauty: Ke$ha’s Gold Tooth and Top-Hat Style
Bobbi Brown’s new Spring collection is here: Lilac Rose. Bobbi pairs heather grey with pops of bright pinks & purples to create her own twist on this season’s trends.
Check out a behind-the-scenes look, and watch Bobbi Brown in action as she takes you through the fresh-faced beauty of her new Lilac Rose Collection.
Lilac Rose is now available at counter and online at www.bobbibrown.com.