Backstage at the Diego Binetti SS ‘13 show, models were looking illuminated and ethereal in a peachy-pink smoky eye and glowing skin created by celebrity makeup artist Sebastien Tardif. Sebastien said he wanted the look to resemble “mermaids emerging from the fresh sea: illuminated, refreshed and glowing,” to complement Diego Binetti’s delicate and hand-painted SS ’13 collection.
Using Veil Cosmetics, Sebastien created a “lit from within,” even complexion with Veil Cosmetics’ star product, Illuminating Complexion Fix, $39, veilcosmetics.com. He then saturated the eyes with “a wash of pink cosmos punctuated by a punch of coral and softly defined with a neutral brown shadow.” The eye color was complemented with strong brows and a “pale, rose-gold, neutral, matte lip.” The look can be adapted to different skin tones by intensifying the color and using a cherry stain on the lips.
Get this look at home with these step-by-step instructions:
1. Begin by spraying skin with a refreshing mist to prep the complexion.
2. To achieve a dewy look, no powder is necessary. Start with a color base to create evenness of tone.
3. Next, use Illuminating Complexion Fix where needed to create a smooth, flawless appearance and a subtle glow.
4. For the eyes, use a smudge- and crease-proof eye shadow in a coral tone. Blend a lighter shade into the brow bone and add highlighter in the inner corners. Let the coral extend past the eye, around and underneath for a dramatic look. Finish by adding subtle, brown mascara to the top lashes and a clear gel formula to define the brows.
5. To emphasize the smoky eye, add a touch of peachy bronze blush to the apple of the cheek.
6. Finish with a matte, nude lip that almost disappears into the skin and makes the coral pop!